This week we’re talking about Biden’s first days in office and his plans moving forward. On Day 1, the Biden Harris administration signed about 20 executive orders. These orders include:
- Preserving and fortifying DACA
- Executive Order on the Revision of Civil Immigration Enforcement Policies and Priorities
- Executive Order to wearing masks for 100 days
- Stop Muslim and African country travel ban
- Rent freeze and a pause on student loan repayment
- Revoking Trump’s plan to exclude noncitizens from the census.
- Creating a COVID-19 response coordinator who will report directly to the president.
But the work hasn’t stopped there because on Day 2 Biden also showed up! On Friday Biden
- Passed executive order for economic relief due to the pandemic
- Passed an executive order for protecting the federal workforce
- Asked congress to raise the minimum wage to $15
Although he just started, so far Biden is doing great and keeping his promise to serve this country. Biden also plans to sign another stimulus package. This time we may get $1,400. So there’s a lot to look forward to!
Thanks for catching up on what’s poppin’ this week and stay tuned for more! Stay tuned by joining our Newsletter.